Local Reverse Mortgage Experts
We opened in 2019 out of Clackamas, Oregon with the goal of offering our clients an exceptional loan experience tailored just for them. Owned by Jeff Foody who has been in the reverse mortgage industry for over 2 decades: We only offer reverse mortgages- no other types of loans at all, which has allowed us to build our systems and processes around the needs and desires of our clients. We are now licensed all over the pacific northwest to do reverse mortgage loans in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and California.
When you’re looking for a knowledgeable, friendly team to guide you through the reverse mortgage process, Northwest Reverse Mortgage is the team you’ll love!
How It Works
We start by discussing your circumstances and goals. Then we work together to create a plan that is best suited to your individual needs. With the guidance of our qualified and knowledgeable team, you will feel at ease with your decision. We pledge to you that we will ensure transparency with every step and provide you with accurate and timely information so you can make educated, informed decisions.
Whether your goal is to refinance your current residence, purchase a new home, or access some of your equity with a proprietary or jumbo reverse, we are thoroughly experienced in every type of reverse mortgage.
Here for You
Northwest Reverse Mortgage is here when you need us! We will be there for you through the entire personalized reverse mortgage process and move at a pace that works for you. We never rush you or pressure you to decide before you’re ready. After all, — it’s your future we’re working with.
Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge you need to make the best decision for your family. We take our job as your local reverse mortgage experts very seriously and look forward to the opportunity to guide you to a bright, secure future.
When you work with us, we ensure that you will be comfortable with this decision and educated about the loan process. You will be working with some of the most experienced reverse mortgage professionals in the reverse mortgage industry. Our team of experts will focus on collecting and reviewing your documents and preparing your loan for underwriting approval. Read about our process below to get an idea of what you should expect when choosing Northwest Reverse Mortgage as your broker.
The Reverse Mortgage Process
When you apply for a reverse mortgage with us, we will need to review some of your basic information and collect some documentation for our process. This documentation will be reviewed by our staff and our lenders to qualify you for the reverse mortgage. To best prepare for your reverse mortgage, it is important to have these documents ready and available to provide to your loan officer either by mail, email, fax or in person. Please ensure all documents provided are complete, legible and fully intact.
These are the documents we will need from you:
- The signed application documents, including your counseling certificate.
- A legible, currently valid, copy of your Driver’s License, ID card, or passport for all borrowers (including a non-borrowing spouse).
- A legible copy of your Social Security card. Or most recent Social Security form 1099 with Awards Letter, if no Social Security card (can get these at www.ssa.gov under MySocialSecurity)
- A copy of your entire most recent bank statement, showing deposit of social security or other retirement income. Please include all pages, even if they are blank.
- A copy of your current homeowner’s insurance declaration pages or the name, phone number, and email of the current insurance agent.
- A copy of each of your most recent Mortgage Loan Statements for ALL properties owned, not just the property involved in the Reverse Mortgage (Lender requirement).
- Social Security Awards Letter
Please include the following documents ONLY as applicable:
- A copy of the trust (if there is a trust)
- Homeowners Association contact information (if applicable)
- Social Security 1099 (ONLY if no bank statement available)
- Pension Award Letter (if applicable)
- VA Disability Benefits letter (if applicable)
- We do NOT need the tax returns UNLESS claiming rental or self-employment income or had capital gains. Please include all pages, even if they are blank.
- 30 days of most recent pay stubs (if employed)
- Most recent W2 (if employed)
Depending on your loan or home type, there may be additional documents requested from you and as your loan progresses, there may be additional documents or information requested from you later in the process. Providing these documents to us as quickly as possible will help us process your loan in a timely manner. We are here for any questions or if you need any guidance on collecting these documents. Please reach out to your loan officer, processor, or assistant directly with questions about your particular loan. To apply for a loan with us, fill out the form on this page or call us directly at 800-806-1472.